Konica Minolta, Inc. (Konica Minolta) was awarded Silver Class in SAM Sustainability Award by the U.S.-based S&P Global, the globally recognised provider of researches and ratings in ESG investment. Konica Minolta has been included in SAM Sustainability Award for nine years in a row since 2013.
As a globally leading research and rating in ESG investment, S&P Global’s SAM Sustainability Award analyses more than 7,000 large corporations worldwide. Konica Minolta was evaluated in the three dimensions “Governance & Economic”, “Environmental” and “Social” and in the following categories it has earned the highest score:
- Materiality (Governance & Economic Dimension)
- Tax Strategy (Governance & Economic Dimension)
- Innovation Management (Governance & Economic Dimension)
- Privacy Protection (Governance & Economic Dimension)
- Environmental Reporting (Environmental Dimension)
- Environmental Policy & Management (Environmental Dimension)
- Product Stewardship (Environmental Dimension)
- Climate Strategy (Environmental Dimension)
- Social Reporting (Social Dimension)
- Talent Attraction & Retention (Social Dimension)
In 2021, 242 companies, including 22 Japanese companies, were ranked in its Gold, Silver and Bronze Classes.
Reference: Evaluation by external parties
Konica Minolta is currently included in global ESG indexes and is ranked high in the ESG ratings, as shown below.