Konica Minolta Europe has today announced an exclusive agreement in Europe to sell and service the MOTIONCUTTER Digital High-Speed LaserSystem. The award-winning sheetfed laser die cutting machine will provide more high value personalisation and embellishment products to increase profitability for commercial print customers.
MOTIONCUTTER is produced by themediahouse® GmbH, located in Mühlacker near Stuttgart, Germany. Highly versatile, it has a small footprint and is easy to operate. Target applications are any free form shaped products such as direct mails, greeting cards, short-run packaging or stickers and labels.
Digital embellishment is a key growth driver in the production and industrial printing markets, providing a profitable way for print service providers, commercial and in-house printers to set themselves apart from the competition and higher the margins.
Konica Minolta partner MGI, which has recently extended its cooperation with the technology giant, will also be actively involved to bring further added value for customers. All creative solutions will open up new post-press opportunities for commercial and industrial printers, especially for Konica Minolta’s AccurioJet KM-1e and MGI customers.
Key features of MOTIONCUTTER include:
- Cutting, kiss cutting, (micro)perforate, crease, engrave and personalize with all of these functions in one pass for each sheet
- Delivered through a pile feeder, the sheets are placed on to a patented belt system where a laser head processes the sheets in three run modes – continuous, start and stop, or static for heavy or 3-dimensional objects
- One of the widest substrate thickness ranges on the market - from 54 gsm up to 150mm substrate height
- A format size from A4 up to a maximum of 585x1.000mm, with a net cutting area of 512mm or 580mm wide and up to 4.000mm in length
- Availability of two models – Motioncutter 20 and now a newly release Motioncutter 23
- Own developed intuitive User Interface allows productive operation even to unskilled staff
- Automatic Mode to run fully barcode driven with connectivity to workflow systems to receive jobs and send reportings in real time
- Automated job and substrate change on every sheet without machine stop
- Optional stripping unit to enable waste to be separated so ready-made products can be delivered to a shingling belt
- Winning two industry accolades – one from Druck & Medien and the other from the European Digital Press association (EDP).
About Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe
Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe GmbH, based in Langenhagen, Germany, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Konica Minolta Inc., Tokyo, Japan. Konica Minolta enables its clients to champion the digital era: with its unique imaging expertise and data processing capabilities, Konica Minolta creates relevant solutions for its customers and solves issues faced by society. As a provider of comprehensive IT services, Konica Minolta delivers consultancy and services to optimise business processes with workflow automation. The company further offers its customers solutions and managed services in the field of IT infrastructure and IT security as well as cloud environments. With regard to its office printing solutions, ‘IDC MarketScape: Western Europe Smart Multifunctional Peripheral 2018 Vendor Assessment’ stated that Konica Minolta is ‘recognised globally as a leading smart MFP provider of note’. As a strong partner for the professional printing market, Konica Minolta offers business consulting, state-of-the-art technology and software and has established itself as the production printing market leader for more than a decade in Europe, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa (InfoSource). In the healthcare sector, Konica Minolta drives digitalisation of clinical workflows and offers a broad range of next-level diagnostic solutions. Its Business Innovation Centre in London and four R & D laboratories in Europe enable Konica Minolta to bring innovation forward by collaborating with its customers as well as academic, industrial and entrepreneurial partners. For its solutions that combine ‘smart service with smart technology’, Konica Minolta was awarded the prestigious ‘Buyers Lab PaceSetter Award for Outstanding Serviceability 2018/2019’ from Keypoint Intelligence. Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe is represented by subsidiaries and distributors in more than 80 countries in Europe, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. With approximitaley 10,000 employees (as of April 2020), Konica Minolta Europe earned net sales of over 2,34 billion in financial year 2019/2020.
For more information, please visit http://newsroom.konicaminolta.eu/ and follow Konica Minolta on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter @KonicaMinoltaEU.
Terms and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.